In order to pave the way for the 2nd annual "Raisin Hope" charity event this weekend, there will be several lane/road closures in Dalton and Whitfield County.
On Saturday morning, October 4th, starting at 9 AM a bicycle ride will leave Heritage Point Park on three different routes. There may be traffic delays in the area around the Dalton Bypass as the cyclists leave or return.
On Sunday morning, October 5th, between 5 AM and 6 PM several streets in the downtown Dalton area will be closed. They include:
- East Bound Traffic on Waugh Street from Selvidge Street to Glenwood Avenue. The West Bound traffic lanes will remain open
- Selvidge Street from Waugh Street to Gordon Street.
- Pentz Street from Waugh Street to Cuyler Street
- Gordon Street from Selvidge Street to Pentz Street.
- King Street from Selvidge Street to Pentz Street
- Crawford Street from Selvidge Street to Pentz Street
Also on Sunday, there will be a 5K run/walk from 7:30 A.M. to 8:30 A.M. that follows the same route as the Silver Bell Sprint:
- Start- Hamilton Street at King Street
- Downtown Streets Affected
- Hamilton Street
- King Street
- Thornton Avenue
- Emory Street
- Franklin Street
- Pentz Street
- Cuyler Street
- Waugh Street
- Selvidge Street
- Gordon Street
Click thumbnail below for a larger version of the map of the downtown Dalton traffic plan for Sunday, October 5th.
For more information on the Raisin Hope charity weekend, click here.